Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2009/01/24

Reconsidering del...

It exists already.

In Python. Which is OK. Not my choice, but it works.

I could be wrong in my reading of The Spec, but my interpretation is that Gnome now follows the FreeDesktop.org specification.

Kinda.

If I set an environment variable, $XDG_DATA_HOME, to $HOME/.local/share/Trash, I think I'm mostly there.

But I'm fine for using the normal graphical means to empty and recover trash. I'll try it and get back to you.

2 comments:

  1. In almost all case you don't need to set the XDG_DATA_HOME for using trash-cli (or gnome Trash can capability). As the Trash Spec says the implementation should automatically uses $HOME/.local/share' as XDG_DATA_HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. I barely touched the spec.

    ReplyDelete