Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2017/07/25

Sentimentalizing Twitter: First Pass

It started here.

I couldn't leave it there.

I can write a tool that goes through all old tweets and deletes ones that don't pass criteria, but I prefer to get out ahead of the issue and leave the record as it is.

And, as a later pass, one can pull a corpus, use a module like Algorithm::NaiveBayes and make your own classifier, rather than using Microsoft Research's Text Analytics API or another service. I was somewhere along that process when the hosting died, so I'm not bringing it here.

I was kinda under the thrall of Building Maintainable Software, or at least the first few chapters of it, so I did a few things differently in order to get their functions less than 15 lines, but the send_tweet function didn't get the passes it'd need, and I could probably give check_status some love, or perhaps even roll it into something like WebService::Microsoft::TextAnalytics. In the mean time, this should allow you to always tweet on the bright side of life.

#!/usr/bin/env perl

use feature qw{ postderef say signatures } ;
use strict ;
use warnings ;
use utf8 ;

no warnings qw{ experimental::postderef experimental::signatures } ;

use Carp ;
use Getopt::Long ;
use IO::Interactive qw{ interactive } ;
use JSON ;
use LWP::UserAgent ;
use Net::Twitter ;
use YAML qw{ LoadFile } ;

my $options = options() ;
my $config  = config() ;

if ( check_status( $options->{ status }, $config ) >= 0.5 ) {
    send_tweet( $options, $config ) ;
    }
else { say qq{Blocked due to negative vibes, man.} }
exit ;

sub send_tweet ( $options, $config ) {
    my $twit = Net::Twitter->new(
        traits          => [ qw/API::RESTv1_1/ ],
        consumer_key    => $config->{ twitter }{ consumer_key },
        consumer_secret => $config->{ twitter }{ consumer_secret },
        ssl             => 1,
        ) ;
    my $tokens = $config->{ twitter }{ tokens }{ $options->{ username } } ;
    if (   $tokens->{ access_token }
        && $tokens->{ access_token_secret } ) {
        $twit->access_token( $tokens->{ access_token } ) ;
        $twit->access_token_secret( $tokens->{ access_token_secret } ) ;
        }
    if ( $twit->authorized ) {
        if ( $twit->update( $options->{ status } ) ) {
            say { interactive } $options->{ status } ;
            }
        else {
            say { interactive } 'FAILED TO TWEET' ;
            }
        }
    else {
        croak( "Not Authorized" ) ;
        }
    }

sub check_status ( $status, $config ) {
    my $j   = JSON->new->canonical->pretty ;
    my $key = $config->{ microsoft }{ text_analytics }{ key } ;
    my $id  = 'tweet_' . time ;
    my $object ;
    push @{ $object->{ documents } },
        {
        language => 'EN',
        text     => $status,
        id       => $id,
        } ;
    my $json    = $j->encode( $object ) ;
    my $api     = 'https://westus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/text/analytics/v2.0/sentiment' ;
    my $agent   = LWP::UserAgent->new ;
    my $request = HTTP::Request->new( POST => $api ) ;
    $request->header( 'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key' => $key ) ;
    $request->content( $json ) ;
    my $response = $agent->request( $request ) ;

    if ( $response->is_success ) {
        my $out = decode_json $response->content ;
        my $doc = $out->{ documents }[ 0 ] ;
        return $doc->{ score } ;
        }
    else {
        croak( $response->status_line ) ;
        }
    return 1 ;
    }

sub config () {
    my $config ;
    $config->{ twitter }   = LoadFile( join '/', $ENV{ HOME }, '.twitter.cnf' ) ;
    $config->{ microsoft } = LoadFile( join '/', $ENV{ HOME }, '.microsoft.yml' ) ;
    return $config ;
    }

sub options () {
    my $options ;
    GetOptions(
        'help'       => \$options->{ help },
        'username=s' => \$options->{ username },
        'status=s'   => \$options->{ status },
        ) ;
    show_usage( $options ) ;
    return $options ;
    }

sub show_usage ($options) {
    if (   $options->{ help }
        || !$options->{ username }
        || !$options->{ status } ) {
        say { interactive } <<'HELP';
Only Positive Tweets -- Does text analysis of content before tweeting

    -u  user        Twitter screen name (required)
    -s  status      Status to be tweeted (required)
    -h  help        This screen
HELP
        exit ;
        }
    }
__DATA__

.microsoft.yml looks like this
---
text_analytics:
    key: GENERATED_BY_MICROSOFT

.twitter.cnf looks like this

---
consumer_key: GO_TO_DEV.TWITTER.COM
consumer_secret: GO_TO_DEV.TWITTER.COM
tokens:
    your_username:
        access_token: TIED_TO_YOU_AS_USER_NOT_DEV
        access_token_secret:TIED_TO_YOU_AS_USER_NOT_DEV

I cover access_tokens in https://varlogrant.blogspot.com/2016/07/nettwitter-cookbook-how-to-tweet.html


No comments:

Post a Comment